The full-time role involves a mix of business and technical ability. You need to be able to talk to both technical and non-technical people and to translate between them. If three letter acronyms don’t phase you and you have a healthy pragmatism and a tolerance for ambiguity while being focused on getting things done, you’ve come to the right place!
You’ll need good technical knowledge and an understanding of the software development process. An ability to communicate clearly and fair amount of curiosity is key! Coding experience is a plus, but this isn’t a development role. Since you’ll be working in an LGBT-based environment, a solid knowledge of the LGBT community is strongly desired.
We are looking for a mix of attitude, ability and approach. You don’t necessarily need a degree. If you’ve done this job or some similar roles over a few years please contact us, we’d love to hear from you.
Core Role Elements
· Define a product roadmap aligned with company objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
· Responsibility for the communication of product vision and road map to all stakeholders.
· Working with the development team to plan sprints and scope future work.
· Document and prioritise product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements.
· Help lead and motivate a cross-functional team of design and development, both in-house and 3rd party through the product lifecycle, using iterative development methodologies.
· Identification of market opportunities and close co-operation with product designers and developers to ensure that those initiatives are viable and a feasible method of adding customer value.
· Validation of concepts and features in an iterative process through prototyping, user feedback and A/B testing.
· Develop strategies and execute product plans to drive revenue and scale the business globally.
· Communicate data-supported recommendations, product plan, key issues, and delivery status to key stakeholders including senior management.
· 3+ years’ experience as a product manager in a web or mobile business.
· Has worked using iterative development methodologies and A/B testing best practices
· Excellent analytics skills. Can gather and utilise hard data to assess opportunities. Identifies intended results and measure outcomes.
· Demonstrated ownership of successful products throughout the product lifecycle.
· Determine needs, align priorities, define requirements
· Has led and motivated a cross-functional team.
· Working knowledge of user interface design practices and user testing.
· Proven track-record of working with tech engineers to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs.
· Worked with marketing to successfully launch programs.
· Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
· Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate.
· Earns respect and respects contributions of others.
· Comfortable with ambiguity. Structures, clarifies and breaks-down problems.
· Proven experience to concurrently lead multiple strategic and tactical initiatives.
· Solid understanding of the dynamics of subscription revenue generation, acquisition, conversion and retention models. Experience working on products for a consumer subscription-based business strongly desired.
· Permit to work in the UK.
Mobile App Developer Android
CPC Connect Ltd needs a Mobile App Developer (Android) to create the next generation of native apps. You will be developing, creating, coding, and collaborating to facilitate connections between our vast, geographically distributed user base. This is an opportunity to be a hands-on developer who will grow to lead the app development team here.
· Lead mobile app development
· Be passionate about app development
· Build new apps to a high standard
· Update and maintain existing legacy apps
· Set up build configurations for continuous integration / deployment
· Ensure code is united tested and documented – we are big fans of unit testing.
· Technical documentation and communication within the team
· Mentor junior team members
· At least 3 years of dedicated Android app development experience with experience submitting apps to the Google Play Store
· Fluency in Java and the Android SDK (most recent 4 versions) and understanding of good engineering practices for creating maintainable code.
· Experience working in Android Stuio / Eclipse
· Experience working with RESTful APIs
· Good communication skills: you will be required to establish a rapport with other development teams, Product Owners, QA and management to maintain high levels of visibility and collaboration
· Knowledge of git/svn/mercurial source control. We use git and expect at least fluency in its usage.
· Android App Continuous Delivery and build configuration experience.
· Self-motivated with the ability to drive features to delivery
· Culture fit is hugely important for us, be a nice person.
Preference will be given to candidates with
· Xamarin app development experience
· Any iOS development experience
· Continuous integration / continuous delivery and bash scripting
· AWS experience
· Link(s) to your Google app store apps
· URLs for web applications you have developed and shipped · A high Stack Overflow score · An active GitHub account
· A development blog
CPC Connect Ltd. is a progressive technology company and operates two of the world’s largest gay and lesbian dating brands – Gaydar and GaydarGirls. With over two million registered members on the database, our ambition is to reengage and bring back members who haven’t used the service for some time, whilst attracting and recruiting new members into the community.
We’ve spent the last year reinventing Gaydar for the modern world, with a total restructure of every service, creating a micro service infrastructure from a legacy monolith. In addition, we’ve totally rebuilt the database from the ground up, allowing the business to finally extract the real value of connecting people.
The new Gaydar platform forms the template for multiple new dating brands, white-labelling our own technology to effectively cross-market, re-populate and retarget based on specific niche lifestyle and interest segments.
We’re committed to launching pioneering new features that give our customers more and more reasons to keep Gaydar in their daily channel mix. We want a life-long relationship that gives every one of our members a tangible reason to use us.
CPC Connect Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity in the workplace cultivates empathy and provides the understanding necessary to serve a wide customer base, which in turn leads us to build better products. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, colour, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.